Monday, November 12, 2012

COOKIE!

I even make cakes that like cookies!
BTW ~ I'm posting this on Joey's
26th birthday.
Happy Birthday, Sweetie!
As Thanksgiving rolls around and the furnace (despite its amazing skin-drying abilities) becomes one of my nearest & dearest, I start thinking about cookies. I like to have at least ten kinds of cookies by Christmas, and at least two candies. I love cookies. I love baking cookies. I love eating cookies (one doesn't become "The Spherical" by shunning sweets). I love experimenting with cookies ~ one of last year's experiments, a cookie that was supposed to be green and red, turned out so ugly it was dubbed "reindeer turds". At least it tasted good. One year, again trying to get red & green, I created a cookie that looked like  moldy, raw hamburger. Even the reindeer turds were more appetizing. One creation, the stained glass cookie, was beautiful. It really was. It tasted like food coloring. Blech.

Oh no! The aliens have arrived!
This year, I've already tried two experiments, in my first batch no less. Candy corn and salted peanuts make a tasty combination, so I thought candy corn in peanut butter cookies, sprinkled with salt instead of sugar, would be wonderful, plus, the cheery fall colors would make a terrific Thanksgiving cookie. I was wrong. Candy corn melts. I knew it would, just not quite so much. Instead of a cheery fall cookie, we were invaded by aliens. Really nasty tasting aliens.

The second experiment worked much better, except I forgot to take a picture. Peanut butter and bacon cookies! Since it was an Elvis inspiration, I think I'll call them King's Cookies. They were nummilicious. I still need to work on the proportions, but it's definitely a keeper. As I progress through my Christmas baking, I'll keep you apprised of the successes and disasters. Especially the disasters, they're usually much more entertaining. Seriously, I wish I had a picture of the moldy-raw-hamburger cookies, you'd be amazed that a cookie could look that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. You can even let you stay anonymous.